Configuring the system is very simple. Before you start please ensure you have access to the email sent to the registered user on the CogentVoip account with the title ‘CogentVoip Account Setup’. This email is sent after you register and contains the account information you need to complete the setup process. From within the 3CX configuration screens:
1. Under Lines, click “Add VOIP”
2. Select the radio button labeled select “Generic Voip Provider” enter “CogentVoip” as the Name of Provider and click “Next”.
3. Enter ‘CogentVoip’ in both the Registrar and Outbound Proxy fields. Click on the ‘Source Identification’ tab, then under ‘SIP Field’, select ‘From: Host Part’. For the Value drop down, select ‘Custom Field’. Set the Custom value field to ‘CogentVoip.com’, then select the match any fields option. Click “Next” again.
4. In the External Number field, enter a 1 followed by your DID (11 total digits).
5. From the CogentVoip Account Setup email, obtain the ‘Authentication Username’ and enter it in to the ‘Authentication ID’ field of the 3CX. Please ensure you have no hidden characters or trailing spaces.
6. From the CogentVoip Account Setup email, obtain the ‘Authentication Password’ and enter it in to the ‘Authentication Password’ field of the 3CX. Please ensure you have no hidden characters or trailing spaces. Click “Next”.
7. Enter any Outbound Rules you wish to impose on your network. Click “Finish”.
8. Your Account should now be registered; you can view the status of the Voip Trunk by clicking ‘Line Status’, which is located under ‘Phone System’ on the left hand side of the 3CX Web Interface.