1) Power down your Aastra Telephone System.
2) Hold down the number 1 and # key(s).
3) Power on your Aastra Telephone System.
4) Continue to hold down 1 and # key(s) while the system initializes.
5) Once the system initializes, you will receive the following message:
“Application Not Found”
“To restore go to Web Recovery Page”
“Web recovery page can be found at the following IP Address: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
6) Enter IP Address into your web browser to visit the Web Recovery Interface.
6a. The Web Recovery will ask for 2 fields to be filled: File Name and TFTP Server. File Name will be the name of your downloaded Firmware, and the TFTP Server Will be the IP of a PC running a TFTP program like Pumpkin.
6b. Download and Install Pumpkin (http://kin.klever.net/dist/pumpkin-2.7.2.exe)
6c. To Download the newest firmware, visit the 888VoipStore.com support downloads site at www.888Voipstore.com/support/ and following the Downloads link.
6d. Browse to the Aastra section and download the Firmware Update for your model of IP telephone.
6e. Save and Unzip the File to your local directory
6f. Run the Pumpkin Program from its installed directory.
6g. Once the Program is open. Click the Options button. This will open an option tab.
6h. Set the TFTP File system Root to your Firmware directory. Select the “Give files” and “take files” options. Apply the settings and select “OK” to return to Pumpkin. Ensure the Pumpkin Server is running by verifying in the bottom right corner of the Pumpkin window.
6i. Return to your internet browser, which should still be at the Web Recovery Interface. Enter the exact file name of the firmware to be installed in the “filename” box. Enter the IP address of the Computer running Pumpkin into the TFTP box.
6j. Select the download firmware button. Install will take around 30 seconds.
7) You have completed the Firmware Installation of an Aastra IP Telephone.